For several years we have been talking about digital transformation and it is inevitable to talk about OpenText™, and mainly about one of its flagship products: Extended ECM for SAP Solutions.
Extended ECM for SAP has been for many years the best component for large companies to manage information and corporate content in an intelligent and efficient way, seamlessly integrated with SAP and its different modules. Read our dedicated post about xECM if you haven’t heard about xECM yet.
As we are experts in digital transformation, we want to let you know one of the many advantages of using Extended ECM that very few companies know about. Yu can leverage of using Extended ECM Solution Accelerators which have been developed directly by our partner OpenText™ focusing different business scenarios that we can find in SAP.
What is an Extended ECM Accelerator?M?
All companies spend efforts, resources, time, and money in the adoption of a new system, platform or software to raise, optimize or be digital their business processes. OpenText™, conscious of this situation, has prepared some solutions that enable a fast and flexible adoption of Extended ECM in SAP. These solutions are known as Solution Accelerators. A Solution Accelerator is a perfect combination of packaged configurations and developments, made with the best practices of OpenText-SAP integration. This combination pack provide a quick and easy deployment that matches the basic requirements of a typical customer’s business scenario in SAP. They are based on the seamless integration of the SAP business object with the workspace element in Extended ECM.
Types of Accelerators for Extended ECM
As we have mentioned, these accelerators are focused on satisfying the requirements of certain business scenarios that we can find in SAP and among the most relevant and used by our customers, we have the following:
1. SAP Procurement
It focuses on the processes of purchasing goods, materials and/or services from vendors or dealers in SAP MM, known as “Procurement”. The SAP business objects are:
- SAP Procurement – Vendor (LFA1)
- SAP Procurement – Business Partner (BUS1006)
- SAP Procurement – Purchase Contract (BUS2014)
- SAP Procurement – Material (BUS1001006)
- SAP Procurement – Purchase Order (BUS2012)
- SAP Procurement – Purchase Requisition (BUS2105)
- SAP Procurement – Request for Quotation (BUS2010)
2. SAP Real Estate
It is prepared to manage the information and documentation of real estate assets that are administered from SAP RE-FX. The SAP business objects of the solution are:
- SAP Real Estate – Business Partner (BUS1006)
- SAP Real Estate – Business Entity (BUS1501)
- SAP Real Estate – Property (BUS1502)
- SAP Real Estate – Building (BUS1503)
- SAP Real Estate – Rental Object (BUS1504)
- SAP Real Estate – Contract (BUS1505)
3. SAP Plant Maintenance
It is focused on everything related to the SAP PM application, in charge of the management of activities of administration and maintenance of assets, tasks and processes of industrial plants or any company. Some of the SAP business objects used are:
- SAP PM – Equipment (EQUI)
- SAP PM – Functional Location (BUS0010)
- SAP PM – Maintenance Notification (BUS2038)
- SAP PM – Task List (BUS1019)
- SAP PM – Maintenance Order (BUS2007)
- SAP PM – Maintenance Order Operation (AFVC_PM)
- SAP PM – Standard Material (BUS1001006)
4. SAP ERP Sales
Focuses on managing information and documentation of sales processes and contractual relationships with customers within the SAP SD module. The integrated SAP objects are:
- Customer (KNA1)
- Customer Sales Area (KNVV)
- Customer Inquiry (BUS2030)
- Customer Quotation (BUS2031)
- Sales Order (BUS2032)
- Customer Contract (BUS2034)
- Master Contract (BUS2095)
- Standard Material (Extended) (BUS1001006)
5. And many other accelerators
In order not to make this small review longer, we do not go into more detail with the rest of the accelerators that OpenText™ offers within Extended ECM, but we must know that they also exist:
– SAP PPM (Portfolio and Project Management): to manage project planning information and documentation for projects in portfolio.
– SAP S/4HANA Customer Vendor Integration: Focused on the new relationship of customers and vendors through the Business Partner in S/4 HANA.
With the latest updates of OpenText™Extended ECM Platform (21.4 and 22.1) new accelerators for Extended ECM called Business Scenarios have been shown. Of the 4 new Business Scenarios, 2 are the new business scenarios integrated with SAP:
– Agreements: for contract management, controlling the entire lifecycle, the different stages of an agreement, including worklows and digital signature with OpenText™Core Signature.
– Enterprise Asset Management (EAM): To simplify document control, resource maintenance and inventory control to increase productivity and streamline workflows of the company’s different employee’s roles.
The main benefits of implementing an Extended ECM Solution Accelerator are:
- Reduce the complexity of the integration process between SAP and OpenText™.
- Improve users adoption.
- Generate faster and more measurable productivity gains.
- Accessible and related information between various business objects in a simple way.
- Avoids delays in delivering functionality by validating requirements across various departments
- Saving cost and time in system customization set up
At Brait we have already successfully deployed some of these accelerators in our customers and we will be happy to continue helping you in your digital transformation with Extended ECM, to have everything connected with SAP, in an intelligent, efficient, and digital way.