What is the biometric signature?
The biometric signature is that signature that takes place in a face-to-face context, and for which the recipient is required to sign on a device certified by the signature provider, such as, for example, a tablet with a stylus.
This type of signature has legal validity since it collects the same evidence that a calligraphic expert uses when collecting biometric information from the signer during the signing process, such as pressure, inclination, speed, etc.
Our partner ValidatedID, as a Qualified Trust Service Provider (QTSP), has its VIDsigner solution that has a multitude of signature types, such as: remote, biometric, centralized or stamper.
The service we offer is based on the use of calibrated tablets to collect the biometric information of the signatory. This ensures greater quality, as well as legal certainty, since the system only allows signatures on these devices using a stylus and never with a finger.
In addition, they have a series of characteristics that make this solution unique:
- Strong biometric identification according to ISO/IEC 19794-7
- OneTime Certificates for each signer
- Long-term signature formats (PADES B-LT) to guarantee the durability of the signature over time
- Guarantee that what the user sees is what they sign
- Biometric technology
- Time stamp to guarantee the time of signature
- Legal validity
- Possibility of signing offline
- Self-contained evidence in the document in case of judicial process.
How does the biometric signature work?
The use of the biometric signature is increasingly widespread in our daily lives, and it is common to see it in different types of operations such as billing processes, signing contracts, delivery companies or even banking operations. Therefore, it is important to understand how it works. We highlight 3 phases:
- The issuer completes the client’s personal data and delivers the electronic document to the signatory on a Tablet so that thesignatory can read the content and know what they are signing.
- If you agree with the information contained, the signatory may sign directly on the Tablet, just as you would on paper.
- El firmante recibe una copia electrónica del documento firmado y el archivo queda digitalmente ubicado dentro del gestor documental de la empresa.
The collection of biometric data associated with the signatory makes this type of signature a secure solution, which allows the person who has signed to be unequivocally identified.
If you have any questions or queries, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you. We are here to help you