A few days ago we were talking about the news of the latest version of VIM 7.6 and VIM 20.4, but what are the news that VIM has been releasing in recent years?
Companies are not always in a position to upgrade when new versions are available, and the most natural thing to do is to allow time to pass between one implementation and the version upgrade, or between one upgrade and the next. The objective of this post is to show the most relevant changes that VIM has had since its version 7.0 until today, and to see what news you may be missing.
During last years we have seen how VIM evolves to improve the supplier billing process with the following objectives:
- Simplify workflows and make work easier for users.
- Optimize processes through transformation.
- Maximize the performance of the tool.
- Improve efficiency and achieve a much more stable environment resolving many identified incidents.
Each new version of VIM has brought us outstanding news.
VIM 7.0: the new DP screen
- The VIM Workplace is the VIM work area, from where users manage invoices and execute the workflow tasks associated with them.
- The new indexing screen where most of the fields available in SAP transactions (FB60 / MIRO) are included, improving the user experience and increasing performance. Includes GL accounting lines for PO invoice, subsequent postings, CPD vendor, scanned invoice display, better manual reconciliation assistance, supports additional costs …
- Authorization recovery from VIM Workplace
- Optimization of the notification process
- Line-level approval workflow. The level defines an amount limit and all lines / groups must be approved before proceeding to the next level.
- Return of the invoice to the supplier by email notification: Return of the invoice to the supplier, offers rejection reasons and templates, supports attachments.
- New mobile approval interface
- New web interface
VIM 7.5: integration with xECM
- ICC viewer on the VIM indexing screen. It allows you to use the SCE Control as a viewer to see where the OCR has collected the values and insert additional values into the fields with a single click.
- XECM integration. The VIM user has access to the xECM workspaces to find, for example, vendor contract documents and other content.
- New version of VIM Analytics (VAN) optimized for HANA
- ICC 7.5 recognizes new languages: Korean, Thai, Traditional Chinese. It can be used in Korea, Thailand, Taiwan and Hong Kong with the same functionality as Japan.
- ICC 7.5 provides additional expense items even if item recognition is disabled.
- Attachment spacing in ICC 7.5 can be defined by a specific barcode type and specific content. In this way, the same type of barcode can be used for document separation and attachment separation.
- New design of the field of the order list in ICC 7.5: the new table of the table allows to capture the numbers of the orders of several pages.
VIM 7.6 and 20.4: IC4SAP and machine learning
- New, more powerful and personalized invoice data validation (only with IC4SAP):
- Alternative validation mode to high performance FIFO.
- Translation of user comments on the invoice:
- New Life Cycle report for the invoice “Invoice Life Cycle”. The Invoice Life Cycle Report (ILC) is a tool that provides data on the complete life cycle of a VIM document. All the VIM processes that a document goes through can be monitored using the ILC.
- Smart Coding for invoices without order:
- The system learns from posted invoices and detects similar invoices to apply coding.
If you want more information about VIM or are thinking of a version upgrade, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you